Almost 80% of internet usage is done on mobile devices and with everyone keeping smartphones or tablet, they are less inclines to do their travel research and booking on a desktop device. Mobiles or smartphones are portable and one can do booking from anywhere in the world at any time and this is the most convenient and comfortable part of booking travel related services through phones.
-> What is a responsive website design? -> Benefits of a responsive website -> How to check if your website design is responsive -> Takeaway
What is a responsive website design?
A responsive website is a design that allows a website to change the layout of design and alter it to the screen size of the user.
Benefits of a responsive website
The responsive websites designs are done by keeping in mind about the users experience on different devices like mobile, tablets with different screen size.
- Presence and presentable on all device’s screen.
- It’ll improvise the user experience on all the devices. The users can navigate easily and fast between the pages.
- Rather than making different url for different devices, a single responsive website design avoids the negative impact on SEO like duplicate content.
- The users will stay more on the website to read or book the service. It’ll improve the bounce rate of website.
- The website will generate more visitors and you will see an escalation in booking. This way it will increase the conversion rate for booking.
- A complete responsive website on all devices can be converted into web version of mobile application for iOS and Android platform in very short span of time at minimal cost.
How to check if your website design is responsive
It’s easy to check if your website is mobile responsive. Here are a few tips to consider:
- After you have implemented a new responsive website design, visit your own site page on a desktop device. Test its functions and see how it works while browsing from a desktop.
- Once you have tested the functionality of your website on a desktop, browse it from your own smartphone or tablet. Verify that the navigation bar has changed and that the site speeds have increased. Test all mobile functions to make sure your website is working properly for mobile users.
- Use online tools like mobiletest.me to make sure that your website is responsive and that search engines are recognising it as responsive.
Nowadays responsive design is one of the key strategy of travel website design. Implementing a responsive design is just one way to improve visibility online and generate more traffic from different devices. But before making it responsive you must first consider the type of website and the features you want in a travel website.